Plexipave UK - Har Tru
Har Tru – Clay Tennis Courts
Plexipave UK install Har-Tru Courts.
Har-Tru is a natural green stone which is extremely hard and angular.
Important qualities when it comes to a clay tennis court surface.
Made from Pre-Cambrian basalt from the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Clay Tennis Courts
Clay courts are made of crushed shale, stone or brick. The French Open uses clay courts, making it unique among the Grand Slam tournaments.
Two types exist:
- Red Clay – the more common variety.
- Green Clay.
Although less expensive to construct than other types of tennis courts, the maintenance costs of clay are high as the surface must be rolled to preserve flatness. The water content must also be balanced; green courts are often sloped in order to allow water run-off.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/playtop5/public_html/colourworkscoatings.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 175
Har Tru Green Clay
Green Clay – also called rubico and the brand name Har-Tru, is similar to red clay, but is made from crushed basalt rather than brick, making the surface slightly harder and faster. Green clay is packed to make the subsurface. It is then covered with a topping.
There is one WTA tournament played on green Har-Tru clay courts, the Volvo Car Open in Charleston, South Carolina.
Har Tru Hydro Court
Har-Tru has developed the HydroCourt, the only self-regulating system that is totally adjustable to player preference. Owners around the world agree that HydroCourt is the investment of choice that quickly pays for itself. The expense of maintenance down-time is reduced substantially, increasing available court time without interruption.
HydroCourts are constructed with six individually controlled cells.
- Each cell is monitored by a separate water filled control box. Water enters the control box and flows through pipes to cells lined with a chemical resistant 20 mm thick hyperlastic container.
- As the water level in the control box rises, the water level under the court also rises. You control the amount of moisture in the court surface by adjusting the water level in the control box up or down… it’s that simple!
- Over-watered and under-watered areas are common problems with conventional watering systems. The HydroCourt system provides better coverage on the surface by dispensing more evenly underneath the court.
- Because this process is automatic, there is no loss of playing time for afternoon brushing and watering. The court plays the same during the afternoon as it does in the morning, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of more consistent play.
- Choosing the HydroCourt system means there is no sprinkler system to maintain. The self-regulating system of the HydroCourt provides a constant level of moisture which keeps the surface firm and substantially reduces the amount of brushing and rolling needed to properly maintain the court.
- The above-ground watering systems of conventional clay courts can waste water through malfunction, run-off and evaporation during the water cycle. HydroCourts supply only the amount of water necessary to keep the surface sufficiently damp. The result is a 60% savings in water usage.
Har Tru Tennis Courts
Har-Tru is actually composed of Crushed Stone. Har-Tru is made from billion-year-old Pre-Cambrian metabasalt found in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. It is a natural green stone that is extremely hard and angular, two very important qualities when it comes to tennis court construction.
The angularity helps the stone particles lock together to form a stable playing surface.. It is more durable and more consistent than other clay court counterparts.
Generically referred to as “fast-dry,” Har-Tru dries quickly after a rain. It also allows play to continue through light rain.
Har-Tru (above ground irrigation) or Hydrocourts (Har-Tru courts with sub-surface irrigation), consist of a modified stone base with a layer of stone dust followed by a final surface layer of Har-Tru.
Har-Tru courts provide a flexible, shock-absorbing surface, which eases stress on the feet, back and legs during play. The softer surface also slows the play speed, resulting in longer rallies, more varied strokes and a more controlled game.
Had-Tru a great surface for learning to play tennis. Courts require daily maintenance to sustain consistent playing conditions. Nonetheless, the advantages they offer have increasingly made them the tennis court of choice for tennis clubs, and private residences.
Installing Har Tru Courts
Plexipave UK represents Har-Tru Products in the UK & Ireland and is the exclusive Authorised Agent and Installer for;
- Har-Tru – Clay Courts.
- Tru Clay – The Next Generation of Artificial Clay.